You Think You Know - But You Have No Idea

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Perform Better Summit 2010 OverView

Since I just went to the 2010 Perform Better Conference this past weekend in Providence. And that was the real push that inspired me to start a blog, it makes a lot of sense to write my first 'real' entry about that conference.

The conference was 2 and a half days long, it started on Friday June 4 and lasted through a half day on Sunday June 6. I had a great time overall was there. I met a lot of new people who were from all over the world, and all had different roles in the 'fitness' industry. I was also able to meet Mike Boyle again, who I will be interning with beginning on Monday! :O He brought his 'pose' with him per usual, so I was able meet them and get to know them a little before I begin my work with them. Coach Boyle was very nice and had a sense of humor (which I was not expecting). I am looking forward to the summer at his facility.

I was also able to meet Lee Taft again and hear him talk, he might be my favorite coach. That is probably because I am biased due to him being the 'guru for speed'. Man can he move! The weekend provided great networking for me, I was even able to talk to a few women in the field (role models if you will). This was the first conference in which I felt I really went out of my way, and out of my comfort zone to meet people and talk to people.

It was a great time and I look forward to my next conference. Whether it will be with my father, with Coach Boyle, on my own, or with my graduate school, we will find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment